Monday, August 18, 2008

“You only made eggs for yourself?” Yep!


Once you get married you become a union...you're one...and all that crap. Meaning if you're unselfish as a single guy then you'll become a bit more self-centered with a wedding band on. If you're selfish to begin with well you'll just be reminded by your wife...over and over again.

Case in point: I get up a bit early today to make some egg whites on wheat toast (trying to get my healthy eating on). We usually don't make breakfast during the work week but I was planning to do so because we bought eggs at BJs, pause, and because well you gotta save nowadays. I told her the night before, “Do you me to make you breakfast?” She said, "No, I’ll probably be out of here by then." Cool. I get up and go straight to cooking and say hello to the wife. I was moving hastily because I had to leave for work. Once I’m in the bathroom, I hear Yva from the kitchen yelling, “You only made eggs for yourself!" Yes, dear because in my half asleep body I had two things on my mind: cook my breakfast and wash my ass. She said something else but by that time she started sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. Oh, and in case you haven't heard I'm selfish.

Uno,

Jesus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UUMMMM>>> EXCUSE ME BUT IN MY DEFENSE I SAID 'NO I WILL BE GONE BEFORE YOU LEAVE' BUT OBVIOUSLY I WASNT!!!! CASE IN POINT... YOU ARE VERY SELFISH AND DUH... I WAS STILL HOME SO MAKE ME SOME DAMN EGGS!!! ps> I AM NOT THE JOURNALIST IN THE FAMILY SO EXCUSE MY RUN-ON. I WRITE HOW I SPEAK!
HIS WIFE, YVA