Friday, August 8, 2008

New Beat Heat: Damu The Fudgemunk


Damu The Fudgemunk - Soul Brother Number 3 - Damu's 3 a.m. Freestyle from j. nota on Vimeo.

In a past life I used to be a rap mag editor. Specifically to a tome that focused on producers and DJs. So I greet any new beats with open ears. Such is the case for Damu the Fudgemunk. The kid’s got crazy game behind the boards. My homeboy John (fellow one-time RPMer) is working with Damu and is doing great things. Don’t believe me, just ask Marley Marl.

"Very refreshing to hear a young cat with that much soul." - Marley Marl

Damu, a D.C. native, has dropped another dope beat collection, Overtime. I talked to the mellow brudda and duke has got beat for years…he ain’t running out. Plus, the best part in our recession daze, you can get it for free. Free! Go below to get it!

Uno,

Jesus

Download Overtime