Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Karl Malone Is Not A Man


I've been NBA-crazed lately with the playoffs and all the excitement that comes with it. Surfing slamonline (shout out to Ben O.) I saw a hyperlinked headline about Karl Malone. Apparently the Utah Jazz legend had a bunch of kids out of wedlock. It's not surprising that an athlete sprayed his seed like an automatic weapon but coming from Malone, who in his heyday was as clean cut as Steve Carell, it was rather surprising. He took better care of John Stockton. In either case Malone fathered Demetrius Bell, a recent seventh round pick of the Buffalo Bills.

Allen Wilson, the writer of the piece in the Buffalo News, wrote that Bell first met Malone after he graduated high school. By then Wilson writes, Malone told Bell it was too late to be his dad and he'd have to earn his own dinero. Whoa, what a scumbag. Did I mention that Bell's mom was 13 when Malone, a college sophomore at the time, impregnated her? Asshole. Thinking back on my dad he was a gem next to the Mailman. Yes, he downed too many drinks in his day, he wasn't emotionally available (man up, son), and other discrepancies I’d rather not mention. But I always had a roof over my head and all the essentials a kid in the barrio needs. Even when I got my first decent gig and didn't need him financially he'd slip me a $20. I doubt the Mailman delivered anything to his son aside from pain. Now you begin to see why a Hall of Famer like Malone never won an NBA championship. Karma's a mutha. What do you think?

See complete story here.

Uno,

Jesús

No comments: