Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tossin’ & Turnin’

This past weekend I was single again. And I felt awkward without mi media naranja. Yes, I chilled with my boy Rony, who I haven’t seen in a long ass minute and yes, I took my parents out to a nice dinner. But when I was inactive and vegetating on the couch watching the NBA playoffs I missed my wife’s voice in the background. “Why do they shoot behind that line? Did they score a touchdown?” Hmmm, well maybe I didn’t miss her while Philly was shocking the Pistons.

But it was a different story once I settled into bed on Sunday night. I was tossing and turning. I put some pillows next to me to pretend there was a body. Nada. It didn’t help there was a cat in heat outside, meowing like it was being violated by Dirk Diggler. I finally dozed off around 5AM. Got up in a couple of hours, wiped the cold out my eyes and went off groggy to work. Last night my wife came home from her mini vacation; she showed me her pictures (she had more pics with her best friend’s dog than her best friend…go figure). Next thing you know I’m sound asleep. Am I being too dependent on her or do I just need any warm body next to me to fall asleep? How do you feel when you’re away from you’re spouse or gf/bf?

Uno,


Jesus

2 comments:

Yamasuri said...

I feel your pain. I believe that when you are connected to that special someone your body (your pheromones)gets so used to it that dependency; your addicted self cannot rest. So instead I just try to put my son next to me, but then he gets up and wants his own bed. Jesus, either sleep with a shirt of hers or buy a pet. Because when your love is away there is little sleep as you know.

Unknown said...

Well, the few times that me and my wife are apart, I sleep on the couch with the TV on. She hates when I sleep on the couch - makes the living room look messy.