Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I’m Funny How?



“I’m a clown? I’m here to amuse you?”—Joe Pesci (Goodfellas)

That’s exactly how I felt last night as I had dinner with the wife and sister-in-law aka The Tardy Sisters (more on that later). I brought a book to dinner, yes I know it’s impolite but hey I’m with family. They started gossiping and I start reading like a lil’ nerd then my wife says, “That’s really impolite.” I ignore her and proceeded to be a bookworm.

She keeps on calling me rude until she finally says, “You know if you weren’t reading that book you could be entertaining us. Making us laugh with your silly antics.” I felt a lil’ like Pesci at that moment. So does that mean I have to be on every time I go out with them? Apparently so but I didn’t take it as that much of an insult because what they consider funny is how I normally act. That’s not to say sometimes I just want to be quiet and not bothered. Plus when my youth is gone, I’m still going to have the wife cracking up with my “silly antics.”

Uno,

Jesús

2 comments:

Curly Sue said...

LOL! I love this clip, I always say this line when people tell me I am silly. It is a huge responsibility (being the whimsical, funny one) but hey, someone has to do it.

Unknown said...

Hey Pesci, I love the "Tardy Sisters" comment, can't wait to hear more on that. Making people laugh is a pretty dope quality, so I wouldn't worry much!