Thursday, April 3, 2008

How Did You Get A Book Deal?


I consider myself a good journalist and writer. Yep, they are two different professions; think MCs and rappers. I also know a lot of my friends and acquaintances are phenomenal behind a keyboard. So you can understand my frustration with bad writers who get book deals. I’m not talking about Homeboy Books either, these cats are getting deals with publishing powerhouses like Simon & Schuster. Now I'm not gonna name names but you know who they are. They always start off an article with a quote (my professor would call that lazy). They are longwinded and have hackneyed kickers. Still, it gets worse when these weak writers think they're the ish. It's like a Whoopi Goldberg fronting like she’s Naomi Campbell. Holla if you hear me!

Uno,

Jesús

1 comment:

Curly Sue said...

HI FIIVE for this post. LOL to homeboy publishing. I def feel you on this, meanwhile talented people are srtuggling. It's kinda like bizarro world on Seinfeld.