Thursday, July 31, 2008

Guess What? Joell Ortiz Really Likes Rap Music



Joell Ortiz. I’ve been an avid supporter of duke for many reasons. Mainly three: he’s an ill MC who happens to be Latino from Brooklyn, NY. It doesn’t get better than that. He recently posted the new LL video (“Baby”) on his site and had a lil’ story to tell. He actually makes a cameo in it and was genuinely appreciative to LL for making it happen. Which leads me to point: we as music journalists sometimes hate on MCs for being fans of each other…a Stan as it may. But shoot at one time or another you were probably an LL fan too.

I know hearing The Game namedrop N.W.A. for the millionth time can be annoying but the brother is genuinely a die-hard fan. Who else would tattoo a group’s name on their body without them being part of said group? So when I see Joell act like a regular person would it makes me like, pause, him more. I really hope he gets more shine so more MCs can become J.O. fan.

Uno,

Jesus

1 comment:

rickyr1983 said...

I agree, being a fan of somebody is a good thing. And it's also good that some artists can humble themselves enough to admit that they actually listen to and like other artists work.

But my beef with The Game is that that fool has nothing else to say but "I GOT LOVE FOR NWA!" LOL. You can tell the difference between the stuff that 50 used to write for him and the crap he writes now it's all just shoutouts to NWA, Cube and Eazy E.

Nice blog, btw.