Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You’re Not Preggers? Great!


Coming home from the Nas concert (damn, HD is right. Duke is stationary on stage.) last night my wife called me and told me that she wasn't pregnant. I did one of those freeze frame jumps; you know the way every ‘80s sitcom ended. You see, the wife was feeling sick the last couple of days, throwing up and such. I’d be lying if I said I wasn't shaking in my mandals.

Not that I'm not ready for a baby because no one is...you learn on the job. If she was it would be a blessing from Dios and I would have successfully avoided that pesky minority having kids out of wedlock stereotype. I rather just wait a bit. My two lil’ nieces suffice not to mention Madison's upcoming punching bag aka her unborn sibling. So when the time comes I'll get my Heathcliff Huxtable on and be the best papi I can be. That's papi as in father not papi as ‘Ay papi!’

Uno,

Jesus

4 comments:

Carl Chery said...

Did you know Haitians call their pops papi as well? Bet you didn't know that, uh.

Bonita said...

PS. THE PHILLIES WON CARL!!! J/K

Carl Chery said...

I know, Yva. They won 10-Zip! First place in the Eastern Standings.

Curly Sue said...

Wow that's nice of Yva to give you that courtesy call. Usually you only get a call when the outcome is the opposite. It's like when you interview for a job and they call you to tell you they aren't hiring u, nice gesture. JS :-)