Sunday, July 20, 2008

Straight From 1994

The homie John Nota hooked me up with a lovely collection of the best rap singles from ‘89 to ‘99. Grand Puba, Tribe, Chi Ali, Naughty by Nature, Slick Rick...basically all the joints I had on cassette when hip-hop was in the middle of sweeping me off my feet, pause, just in case. Along with this great collection I also paid the 11 bucks to see The Wackness, whose soundtrack is ‘94 to the core, last week.

All these back in my day tracks makes me remember when I was a rebellious lil’ scumbag tagging "Gee Cue" (yes I stole it from Omar Epps), defying my parents and smoking cheeba like my fave MCs. This one time some herb (remember that term) wanted to be down with our crew. So we broke up a cig, took the tobacco and placed it in a Phillie. Duke smoked it and began swerving on his bicycle. He even crashed into a wall. What a douche? But shoot we were all immature, awkward and trying to be down.

Uno,

Jesus

1 comment:

JNOTA said...

as much as i'd like to take all the credit, those files were from the ego trip collection. wait til tomorrow though, its about time i get you those 70s joints...