Thursday, March 6, 2008

Old School



I'm getting old. I'm three months from turning 28 and I feel as old as an old school rapper like Craig G. I attended the 10th Anniversary of WNYU's Halftime Show last night and needless to say I was there with people like Masta Ace, AG, Sadat X oh and Craig G. Not that I don't support good hip-hop radio shows but it was at 10PM on a Wednesday. Sheeeet, I'm watching The Gauntlet with the wife on those nights. If it were 8 years ago I would have stayed till 1AM, spoken to all the MCs and gotten a drop for my boy's mixtape. Still it isn't only hip-hop that I see my ass aging in, it's the real life experiences I've gone through the last couple of years that have made me get old. Scratch that let's say get mature. BTW it was dope giving a pound to Ace. The brother made one of my favorite albums in recent memory (Disposable Arts) and one of my fave singles of all time (“Jeep Ass Niguh”).

Uno,

Jesús

2 comments:

supersize spanishfly said...

Man, I am older than you brother and I hng out till 1 am , and got my pictures with my ghetto camera but ask me how long it took to recover? The rest of the week, son los anos mijo. Loving your blog site

Jesus Talks said...

Thanks homes!