Tuesday, March 11, 2008

El Rey of Brooklyn in Queens



Have you ever identified with a film or a sitcom? As a pre-teen it was Juice for me; I even used Gee Q as my tag name. Today it's The King of Queens. It's about a plump blue collar dude who's always trying to get one over on his cute yet menacing wife. I'm not saying the wife is menacing but hey I’m sure even Mother Theresa lost her shit once in a while. And yes I'm a journalist but I do come from a blue collar upbringing. Here's an example on how I relate. In one episode Carrie (Leah Remini) gets upset at Doug (Kevin James) for not remembering her co-workers’ names. Listen I'll remember the name if he or she is her boss; otherwise you’re nameless. I leave you with some of my favorite clips.

Uno,

Jesús

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man i still remember when leah remini used to go all the way up to conneticutt to visit my boo alyssa milano after her dad tony danza moved her from brooklyn.

I think that was the first time i ever imagined a 3 some. I wonder if Leah and Alyssa are still friends.