Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Dad Kicks Ass



Oh reality TV, is there anything you won't do? I was watching NBC's My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad with the wife and she suggested her dad can beat mine. That is of course if my pop was healthy; he suffered a stroke a couple of years ago. But in his heyday pop was a hard rock. Her dad is a sweetheart, pause. He's like a Colombian Mr. Rogers while my dad was like an Ecuadorian Freddie Foxx. No competition. My dad would love to tell me stories, and my wife for that matter, about the fights he had and how he bloodied people's eyes. What's grizzlier than recounting your fighting tales to your future daughter-in-law? You know what the stories I get from her pop are? Stories about soccer and work. My dad, who's shorter than me, once took on a dude who was 6"4; the taller they are you know the rest. Going into the fight he knew he was in some deep caca so he busted out his belt, wrapped it around his fist and punched Goliath with the metal part. Straight gully. Am I saying that if her dad and mine crossed paths 20 years, my pop would whip his ass like a stepchild? Nah. They both love soccer and beer. So they would have been panas. Plus, Manny would have never tried anything if he saw Arnie in action.

Uno,

Jesús

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My pops was on an FBI list... something about one to many trips to communist Cuba.
He was also accused of shooting a cop. GANGSTA!

Carl Chery said...

You my dude, but my pops would beat anybody up. He'll hang somebody from the same belt he used to whip us with. He actually whooped a dude's ass at a gas station a few years back. lol