Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Shoot Me, Already


I had my first photo shoot today. No, really, I did. The J-O is making me into a “star blogger” when we re-launch later this year and since I am on my way to be a “star” then I need my press shots. But seriously, the J-O made me do it. It was a bit awkward for a guy who’s been at photo shoots with rappers and models but never been in one. I felt a lil’ dbag-ish but I went along with it. The photog’s name was Juan (a co-worker) and he took shots of me sporting everything my wife doesn’t want me to wear anymore. (Note: T-shirts with dead rappers are big no-no in her book. Apparently adults don’t wear those. Pfft!)

I had on a Willie Colon t-shirt on with a Mets cap, sunglasses and saggy jeans. It was pretty much the garb I wore when I was 18. Along with the gear I also brought some props: CDs and my iPod since I am the music blogger it makes sense. As the minutes ticked I got more into it: I tipped my cap, did the no-smile look numerous times and even through some CDs. On our way back from the site (it was a rooftop) he took pics of me walking in Midtown Manhattan, which totally made me look like a dbag. It looked like I paid a guy to take pics of me. But it is New York City so as long as I wasn’t murdering puppies, people can give two shits.

Uno,

Jesus

No comments: