Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dream Job Deterred: Bikini-Clad Latina Cannot Serve Beer


As I was perusing the New York newspaper sites this headline: “Former Hooters girl Melody Morales sues Hawaiian Tropic Zone for discrimination,” caught my eye. I didn’t click on it for the obvious (Hooters) but for the last name; I mean I gotta see what’s up with mi gente, right? Well, much to my chagrin it wasn’t the story I was looking for; not to say that she has no right to sue anyone but it’s the damn quotes coming out of her mouth. UGGH! Before I go further, she says she was discriminated because of her accent which is foul but again check the quotes below. Also, the Tropics manager isn’t a genius either.

“The lawsuit says Morales went with her mother to the restaurant in March 2008 in search of a job. But the suit claims she was told to get lost by a manager, who said, ‘I am not going to ruin my business with your Latin accent.’”
Don’t Latinas with accents have men putty in their hands?

“Morales, who said her dream job is to pour drinks while strutting her stuff in a bikini, returned to the Hawaiian Tropic Zone months later still in pursuit of a position.”
Really? WTF? Not I want to go to college or get my Barack on and do community service?

"They never even looked at me in a bikini," she whimpered.
This sounds like a scene from a Skinemax flick.

A lawyer for the Riese Organization, which operates the Hawaiian Tropic Zone, said the suit is "without merit." "We are proud of the many Latino and Latina employees in our diverse workforce," said James Rosenzweig.
What he meant to say was we’re proud of all the illegal immigrants in the kitchen.

"It was kind of like my dream to work at the [Hawaiian Tropic Zone]," she said. "It's the bikini, I guess.
Again SMH!

Uno,

Jesus
[Source]

No comments: