Thursday, January 1, 2009

Where’s Our Go-To Couple?


Ralph & Alice had Ed & Trixie; Doug & Carrie had Deacon & Kelly; Fred & Wilma had Barney & Betty. The wife and I do not have a go-to couple. You know, the pair of husband/wife or bf/gf that are the default double date peeps. Most of our friends are single and mingling for the exception of a few. Last week one of her bffs, Pris, came over the crib with her hubby Oz. And it was in-cred-ible. We enjoyed great food (cooked by my wife, the shock I know), talked current events a bit, and more importantly played video games.

While Pris and Yva yakked about ponies and Oprah (which I assume women talk about), Oz and I talked sports, hip-hop and video games (which is what a Marine and journalist talk about). We drank sangria, played DC Universe vs. Mortal Kombat, Buzz and Rock Band until 2AM and then watched Superbad. Alas, they live in San Diego and only come once a year if that. They were gone and now it’s just a pleasant memory. So one of the things I asked for Christmas was to get Pris & Oz to come back to the Dirt Jerz or for one of our solo amigos/as to get a solid patna.

Uno,

Jesus

No comments: