Friday, June 20, 2008

If I Was Wearing My Khufi . . .


I was a lot more suspect (read racist) of WP back in college. It must’ve been the khufi I rocked or the tons of underground rap music I consumed. But once I graduated and got a job I let go of most of my angry minority tendencies. How else can you advance in this world? Not everyone is out to get you. One of those tendencies was assuming most WP were racist. Two situations arose this week that made me wanna pull out my khufi again.

The first was at the gym with Carl (pause just in case). A WP was on the cross trainer he signed up for; dude was extremely dismissive of him and the rules. He was probably thinking I’m on this now and you will get on when I’m done . . . negro. The second happened today while I was in line getting some pacifiers for my one-year-old niece (Maddy the Bully). This white chick is behind me and says, “Excuse me.” I move she gets a Snapple. I’m about to pay for the pacifier as she says, “Excuse me again.” I move no prob; didn’t think anything of it. She starts putting her items on the counter. She again says, “Excuse me!” I turn around to say, “I already moved.” She says, “I said it once; learn it!” WTF. I say, “Be easy! This line is everyone not just you your highness.” The cashier and her co-worker starting murmuring, “Snuff that bitch.” Of course, I’m not going to snuff a woman but if I was rocking a khufi and 22 I would have said, “Fuck is your problem, [insert Too $hort’s favorite word]!” Was this two instances of WP getting on some ‘white privilege’ ish or was it just two cases of assholes? What do you think?

Uno,

Jesus

2 comments:

Carl Chery said...

First off, how could you mislead the people? There's no way dude would have called me "negro" and gotten away with it. You should have clarified that. As for that cock sucker from the rite-aid line, I would have karate kid kicked her ass. If not, I would have thrown her stuff on the floor, stepped on her toes or something.

Jesus Talks said...

You're right...it wasn't clear enough. But it's in italics, which means that's what that jerkoff was thinking. So to clarify, "negro" was not uttered but probably thought of