Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Where’s Your Wife?

Can you be too married? Shoot, can you be too single? Last night I went to an industry event sans the wife. It’s a shocker I know but she lets me breathe when necessary. She’s gone to brunches, pillow fights and whatever else women do for dolo. It's funny because it felt like she was with me anyway. People either asked me, “How's married life?” or “Where's the wife?” I didn't mind at all. To the new peeps I even told them how we met.

But when you're married it's good to chill alone sometimes. Don't lose your identity. When we were dating I couldn't wait to see her because a) we were falling in love and b) she was in LI and I was in BK. Now that we're hitched I love waking up to her but know she'll be there when I get home. Some of my single friends lament over not finding the right chick but still hit more butt than ashtray (R.I.P. Biggie). I’m no expert on this marriage thing but all jokes aside you first have to be an individual to be part of a union.

Uno,

Jesús

1 comment:

Carl Chery said...

Would you please stop talking about your wife alreadyÉ Hi Yva! :)