Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Case of the Teflon Pan


One of things I love/hate about marriage is the ridiculous mini fights. After a long day of work the exact words I want to hear on the other end of the phone are, "Why did you use the metal spatula on the pan?" Really? She continues, "You have to use the wooden spoon on that one...it's our only Teflon pan." Really? "This is the third time!" Really? It's a pan. Who gives a fruck? Apparently my wife does and she wants to make sure she keeps her Teflon pan scratch-free. What can you do in instances like this? I laughed it off because a) I’ll probably do it again and b) she’s really tired from work and will probably forget it. So the next time your girl/wife screams at you over a something ridiculous just smile and keep it moving. You might get a nice meal out of it…I did.

Uno,

Jesus

4 comments:

Ross4Teflon said...

Jesus - your wife is right!! You need to use plastic utensils on your Teflon pans and not metal...you'll scratch the coating :)

Speaking on behalf of DuPont - we love to hear people talking about our products in their everyday lives. If you or your wife are interested in some cool recipes next time you're cooking (or if you want to be more informed about Teflon), take a look at http://www.teflon.com

Latina Writer said...

This one had me cracking up. OK, so Jesus, my man is just like that. Always scratching the pan with the wrong utensil, always leaving globs of toothpaste in his toothbrush, forever "forgetting" to put the seat down and I've been told, "Men are like that, let it go." But just like men are like, "what the f---," women are also like,"what the f---."

And seriously women care so much about how the house looks because they think it reflects on THEM if the house is dirty or a scratch is on the pan. No matter how liberated we think we are, we still believe that we have to keep a nice home.

Carl Chery said...

Son, you are built for this. That little episode would have turned totally different if I was involved in a similar scenario.Hi Yva!

Jesus Talks said...

@Carl, dude you know it's all about love...I would have never even cared had it been a girl from my past...

@Latina Writer: and I am a reflection of her and vice versa...I heard it all...lol