Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Shot Of Henny For Marriage


Going into the homie's Felix birthday party on Saturday I didn't expect to get some good advice. I expected to do some Henny (only for the bday boy). As I went for a cigarette break (again only socially) with Felix and an older gent (pause) we started talking about marriage.

The old fella dropped a crazy gem. This is what he roughly said: "As the man you don't have to wear the pants nor does she have to. It's about compromise; share the pants. Also, try to avoid heavy arguments and above all keep your wife laughing. I always kept her laughing. My wife died last year after 40 years of marriage. It took her to pass away for me to realize how much I loved her. I try to make it to the cemetery every day but I can't." Whoa. We then went inside to do three shots of Henny. That one was for marriage. OK, no more mushy posts for awhile.

Uno,

Jesus

No comments: