Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got Milk?


I’ve never been one to shy away from men’s magazines. I’m a subscriber to some (Playboy), have written for them (King), and even been an editor-in-chief (Fuego) to one. But even when I was an EIC of a lad mag I felt weird being at photo shoots where women would have to make to the camera. You always have to straddle the line between sexy and provocative.

I was surfing the web this morning and came across a pic that had to be approved by Uncle Luke. It was on an urban music site and I literally guffawed at the pic. It was of a thick model in a bikini on all fours licking a bowl of milk. WTF!? I can only imagine how the pic came about:

Photographer: I’m thinking you get on all fours, pretend you’re a cat and oh yeah lick this bowl of milk.
Model: Is this real milk?
Photographer: I believe so.
Model: OK, then.

You would think the site is at fault for running the pic but I think otherwise. It lies plainly on the photog and the model. How does being barely naked and licking a bowl of milk for a pic positively advance your career?

Uno,

Jesus

1 comment:

Naked With Socks On at NWSO.net said...

hmmm..

i wish i knew what picture u were talking about... maybe i can find it somewhere if i search hard enough...


10 seconds later...

ooohh, i found it... niceeee