Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tattoos? What Tattoos?

Don't let the smile fool ya.
The two tattoos I have are very significant to me but what will I tell my children? You see, the other day I was hanging with my 2-year-old niece, Madison aka the Mad One, and she was as, she always is, a handful. I was rocking a wife beater and she pointed at my tat on my right upper arm; it’s of an Incan symbol my grandfather carved decades ago. She pointed at it, poked at it and then proceeded to lick it! I immediately stopped her and she then picked up a bag of stale Cheetos and poured it over my head. Nice kid, right? Just kidding, I love the brat but more importantly it got me thinking, what am I going to tell my children about my tats when they want to get one?

A)I’m your father and I am the law in this house. B) Tattoos? What tattoos? C) Ask your mother? In reality, I’ll probably just state the truth: I was 24 when I got my first tattoo (it’s on my right leg and says “Free Press” and coincidently burns every time I switch to Fox News) and I paid for it with my own dinero. The second tattoo represents my culture, family and was done by Chris Nunez from Miami Ink. Best of all it was free because it was for a magazine profile on him. Sweet! But I'll probably just say, “Go ask your mother.”

Uno,

Jesus

No comments: